Lore of the Land

A blog dedicated to the cerebral upchucks and observations of a self promoting genius ahead of his time. Concentrating on the economy, political rebuke and the profound observations of this world we call home.....

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

That Was Interesting.....

That's it I guess. 2008 is over....2009 looms ahead. I promised myself last year about this time that I was going to make 2008 my best year yet. I didn't really know what that meant, how I was going to do it, how I was going to measure it and if I would even recognize it if in fact I pulled it off. Well, I think I did it. I think I had the best year of my life this last year. It was a strange series of events that changed my job, changed my address, and changed my haircut. I got to make two trips across the Atlantic...once to visit and once to stay. I got to return to academia to meet a host of new people in this world who hail from all over the world. I got to meet long lost relatives who help to understand who I am and who 'we' are. I got to travel to places that not so long ago seemed logistically unimaginable to get to. Yes, if someone would have told me one year ago today that 2008 was going to end with me being enrolled in a masters program in a foreign country working on projects with people that are not just from different countries but different continents I would have laughed as I strolled back to my office to spend another few hours on email and yahoo finance while preparing to teach my evening spin class which, for arguments sake was most likely the most important event of that day.

So as we count down the last few hours of 2008 I toast to the year that was and to the year that soon will be...and who knows maybe this year can be better than the last.

1 Comments:

At December 31, 2008 at 2:57 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I agree sir. Congrats.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home