Lore of the Land

A blog dedicated to the cerebral upchucks and observations of a self promoting genius ahead of his time. Concentrating on the economy, political rebuke and the profound observations of this world we call home.....

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Day The Earth Moved

Today was an interesting morning....woke up around 6:20 to the feeling of my bed shaking. Normally I would blame some late night burrito or a sour bout with a kebab for such an incident but this felt oddly different. I sat straight up in bed and immediately fell back over landing on my pillow. Being the trained ninja I am I rose again and this time took note that my bed was in fact shaking! You can probably guess what it was....yes, an earthquake in Lund!

It's being reported that the Skane (southern Sweden) region had a 4.7 magnitude earthquake early this morning. The epicenter was north of the southern coastal city of Ystad and east of the city of Malmo. If these things could be a bit more timely I could avoid ever setting an alarm again. I thought a couple of t-shirt designs were in order to celebrate the event. I mean, if you can't laugh about destructive forces of nature what can you laugh about......?



2 Comments:

At December 17, 2008 at 3:52 AM , Blogger kengell said...

I think someone beat you to the t-shirt gig, check this out.

How cool! I wish they would have had an earthquake when I was there!

 
At December 17, 2008 at 8:44 AM , Blogger The dudes dude said...

Ha that's funny. I have to drop her a note though...we had the epicenter in Sweden so this side of the bridge owns the broadcasting rights, reference EU ruling EA456 10-12abba.4.5saab.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home