Lore of the Land

A blog dedicated to the cerebral upchucks and observations of a self promoting genius ahead of his time. Concentrating on the economy, political rebuke and the profound observations of this world we call home.....

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanks....

Thanksgiving is by far my favorite holiday of the year....as an adult (relatively speaking) I no longer generate many 'wants', at least the kind that come gift wrapped and fit under a tree, so Christmas is every year a further and further second to the annual gluttony of Turkey Day. Whether you call it Thanksgiving or some other derivative, the core (eating and drinking) family gathering should be essential in every culture. If it happens to center around the consumption of a 10 kilo bird than even better....

This year I can be especially thankful for what life has afforded me. I long yearned for 'distant shores' and a new perspective on this marble in which we live. Some sort of adventure to belittle the not always humble me. So, on the heels of that confessional I will give thanks to all those who came before, those who showed up today, and those who I have yet to meet in the always present future.

1 Comments:

At November 30, 2008 at 4:48 PM , Blogger Aunt Jan said...

JP, We are thankful for you in our lives and miss you here sharing your humor. Hugs, Auntie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home