Lore of the Land

A blog dedicated to the cerebral upchucks and observations of a self promoting genius ahead of his time. Concentrating on the economy, political rebuke and the profound observations of this world we call home.....

Monday, November 17, 2008

Sunshine....You're Mine....

Today was an interesting day......I awoke a bit groggy as I stayed up until about 2:30 last night looking at highly complicated Ryan Air flights around Europe trying to make total use of their 1 million seat blowout sale. Despite the roughly 5 hours of sleep I awoke a bit inspired....and on a Monday? It was kind of a strange sensation...I didn't know what it was at first and then I realized....the sun was out!! It wasn't raining!! There was an amazing sunrise that hung low in the sky and painted the whole of Lund in an amazing array of pinks and pastels. This is one nice thing about living in a place where it's dark both late into the morning and early into the night this time of year...you get to see the sun come and go each day without having to alter your routine to do so. I really do think there is something magical about the way the sun comes and goes in this part of the world. So, while all you Colorado natives will look at the pics below and think...what's the big deal about sun on a building? Well, let me tell you bucko...you just go on and enjoy your 300+ days a year of the beaming rays....I'll get my sunshine from pictures (god that's depressing)....


Sleepy little cobblestones....


Sunshine....is that you I see?



My glory...my goodness...I think it is....



Yes! That's it....Let is shine!



Sunshine at last....maybe it will last all winter?

2 Comments:

At November 18, 2008 at 6:49 PM , Blogger kengell said...

Trying to be the
Fredrik of Lund?

Awesome picks! Those folks from Fort Fun just don't realize (or do they?) just how good they have it.

 
At November 24, 2008 at 7:35 PM , Blogger Hairy Swede said...

it is a bit of a shock to come from colorado to 6 hours of daylight, hoping for the sun to show itself.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home