Lore of the Land

A blog dedicated to the cerebral upchucks and observations of a self promoting genius ahead of his time. Concentrating on the economy, political rebuke and the profound observations of this world we call home.....

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Buzzkill In The Baltic

Here's a brief recap of October 15th, 2008.

5:30 am - Awaken by rowdy corridor mates who were just turning in from a long night celebrating a mates 21st birthday.

7:30 am - Wake up to shower. Hit head on lamp next to bed on my way out of bed.

8:00 am - Attempt to make single egg on stove to eat with a tortilla. Stove is broken and doesn't heat egg.

8:10 am - After finally getting egg cooked on the second stove I place in tortilla and bite into it. Yolk was still runny and scalding hot. Burn top of mouth on molten yolk.

8:11 am - Step outside to rainy weather.

9:00 am - Arrive at my destination (relatively damp)

9:02 am - Receptionist at Ideon informs my partner and I that our meeting this morning has been canceled since the lady we were going to meet with is home sick.

9:10 am - My partner and I decide to get a cup of coffee from the Economics building and talk about our assignment.

9:11 am - Accidently hit girl with backpack and cause her to spill coffee on her shirt.

10:25 am - My classmate and I go to the computer lab to work on our assignment.

11:30 am - Message comes on computer screen that says all systems will be shut down at noon due to administrative rebooting.

12:01 pm - Computers shut off.

12:30 pm - Decide to walk over to technical college to see about a cheap sandwich. Apparently today was popular sandwich day with the students. All that was left was a liverwurst sandwich and some rolls. (I opted for the roll).

12:45 pm - Return to computer lab to work on assignment.

4:30 pm - Leave lab to attend final meeting of the day. Realize that today was an innovation bar at the Economics department where they have food and booze and networking starting at 4:00pm. Too late now. We're off to our last meeting.

5:00 pm - Show up to final meeting of the day. Realize that I misread the schedule and the seminar is solely in Swedish.

7:00 pm - Seminar ends and walk home (in the rain).

7:45 pm - Warm up bowl of soup. Burn fingers when pulling soup bowl from microwave.

7:46 pm - Burn mouth on hot soup while forgetting about molten yolk that burnt mouth earlier in the day.

8:45 pm - Log into hotmail account to check on days messages.

8:46 pm - Realize Skype is giving me fits and not sending messages through.

8:47 pm - Open email from consulate informing me my visa application has been denied.

8:50 pm - Look on yahoo finance and see market is off 500 points with no floor in sight.

8:53 pm - Decide to have an overpriced beer and call it a day.

5 Comments:

At October 16, 2008 at 5:36 PM , Blogger J and J said...

Well, perhaps today is better because you can watch last night's debate and count the number of times McCain blinked. It's incredible, really!

What does your visa denial mean?

 
At October 16, 2008 at 11:22 PM , Blogger The dudes dude said...

Good catch. I didn't notice.

No visa = life on the lamb...I hear Thailand is nice.

 
At October 17, 2008 at 9:58 AM , Blogger Hairy Swede said...

I see a kids book in the making:

The Dudes Dude and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.

If not a kids book then at least a student's book. And at the end of each book can be a coupon for a beer.

Its genius really.

 
At October 18, 2008 at 3:38 PM , Blogger kengell said...

no visa? can you still attend school?

 
At October 19, 2008 at 8:17 PM , Blogger The dudes dude said...

Nice call Hairy Swede. That book is an instant best seller for kiddos.

No visa....I'm pretty sure I can still attend school. I'll see if I can get some help from the University this week.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home