Lore of the Land

A blog dedicated to the cerebral upchucks and observations of a self promoting genius ahead of his time. Concentrating on the economy, political rebuke and the profound observations of this world we call home.....

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Literature of The Baltic

I brought with me to Sweden only two books. Both very different in nature, but both quite representative of my station in life. The two books; On The Road by Jack Kerouac, and the owners manual for my BA II Plus Financial Calculator written by Texas Instruments. Now, while this seems like a stupid rant to go on about books and there meaning blah blah blah, it's actually a pretty important part of my life. I left behind roughly 6 boxes of stuff in the states (residing in an undisclosed location due to their top secret and awesome content). 3 of those are filled with books. Therefore, roughly half of what I own is either in hard cover or paperback.

Now, I have been reading both books as of late. Kerouac's I had cracked before, but never was in the right mind set to dig deep into it. I read the first half of it since arriving in Sweden and have decided to go back to the begining and start again...this time I want to highlight the best quote, description, and phrase from each chapter to provide reference points to refer to over the next year or so while I too am 'on the road'. The owners manual for my fin calc has also been a nightly read. I figured it might be a good way to clear the hangover that still lingers from my last job where I could have derived the correct answer to the majority of the 'challenging problems' and 'difficult analyses' by using a combination of my fingers, toes and the surplus ballpoints I kept in my top drawer. Yes, these are the days of our lives.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home