Lore of the Land

A blog dedicated to the cerebral upchucks and observations of a self promoting genius ahead of his time. Concentrating on the economy, political rebuke and the profound observations of this world we call home.....

Friday, March 9, 2007

Lunch time is no time for a scare....

(Note sent to customer service department of hot pockets.)

Hello,

Today when I went to prepare my tasty lean pocket treats for lunch I opened the box of 'whole grain ham and cheese and to my wonderment no crisping sleeves! As you can imagine I searched and scanned the inner most workings of the package to see if perhaps they were hiding. After a complete disassemble of the box it dawned on me that there were no sleeves available. The unthinkable had happened. You can imagine what ran through my head... Can you microwave hot pockets without a crisping sleeve? Will the molten cheese leak from the crevasses of the pouch when warmed? Has this package been tampered with? Who would do such a thing? After some brief reassurance from my colleagues I decided to proceed with warming the pouch. Watching it turn under the rays of the microwave was a somber sight. All alone, no sheath to keep it safe, cheese struggling not to explode from the unprotected folds of the sandwich....It was quite possibly the longest minute and thirty seconds (on high) of my life. While the end result was in fact edible, (and apparently low fat) the process to get to the point of consumption was quite a burden to bear. My heavy heart and full stomach thought you should know...

Sincerely,
Jeff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home